Complete Builds Midrange ITX

Coreteks Forums Forums General Discussion Complete Builds Midrange ITX

Tagged: 

This topic contains 14 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  kmh42 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

kmh42
    Participant

Hello,

I am very interesten in the Midrange 1440p build but I would like to have a ITX option.
    Can you recommend a Mainboard and Case? I have no clue about mainboard but have my eys on the somewhat ITX Case NZXT H200.
    Thanks in advance!

coreteks
    Keymaster

I like the Phanteks Evolve Shift. Looks gorgeous. It’s a huge pain to build in so if you plan on swapping components regularly I’d choose something else. But for looks, can’t beat it imo. Takes large GPUs also which is a plus.

kmh42
    Participant

I would like to go with the same strategy as with my last build. Build a cohesive build and only upgrade if really needed. In fact I didn’t upgrade my old PC at all for 6 years. Mostly because I didn’t play modern graphic heavy games. Future proofness and cost effectivness is more important for me but this time my PC shouldn’t be a big black monolith on my desk. The Shift looks nice but it is not my style, at least in those “colors”. Sadly most nice looking ITX cases are on the more expensive side and the H200 hast a good price for me.

Can you recommend any B450 ITX boards? As far as I am informed nether X470 nor X570 is rellevant for me.

kmh42
    Participant

I will go with the ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming-ITX/ac Mainboard and the NZXT H200. After seeing a lot of Ryzen and RX reviews (yours included) I will choose your recommendations for the other stuff. I will wait a few day till I make my purchase and try to make them with you affiliatate links.

Would appreciate if you think my selection is any good.

coreteks
    Keymaster

@kmh42 I’ve just finished putting together a mitx build to do some tests on linux. I’ll put the components inside a case tomorrow (Phanteks Evolv Shift) and I’ll post some pics here. I’ll let you know what my experience with it was, and also what components I would change to meet a lower budget (as this is a bit higher end – i.e. 3700x and RX 5700). Got to sleep now as I’m exhausted, but stay tuned 🙂

kmh42
    Participant

I am very interest in your Linux test. My ambition is to move to Linux gaming. Used Linux years ago when I was a console gamer but moving to Windows becasue of PC-gaming. What Distro are you using. Pop_OS! is most likly what I will choose because I used Ubuntu back in the day.
    Good Night!

coreteks
    Keymaster

Sneak preview of the mITX build here: https://www.instagram.com/p/BzyfdvmBDKJ/
    Looks sweet 🙂

I’ll do a write-up of the building process tomorrow and post it in the articles section – running some tests on it now (PopOS, yes, but will try others).

coreteks
    Keymaster

I’ve added a write up in the articles section with a build log for the mini-ITX build. I’ll add performance numbers here on the forum in the coming days.

kmh42
    Participant

Any particular reason for choosing the MSI B450I Gaming Plus AC motherboard?

I am pretty much set on the parts on my end. The only thing I don’t know if waiting makes much sense are the 3rd party RX GPUs. Some YouTubes suggested to wait for these for better thermal and noise peformance. I heard mid August should be the realese of some. What is your take on this?

coreteks
    Keymaster

I would wait. I heard 1st week of August. I used the Gaming Plus AC because it was the only compatible mITX board I had around, so no particular reason.

fear
    Participant

I am looking to build new pc with ryzen 3700x but i am confused about what will be good build using that CPU like which motherboard, ram and stuff I can use to get most out of it. My workflow is mainly coding for desktop and mobile applications, video editing & photo editing.

can you list me all the components so i just take it print out and show to the shop and he give me all stuff.

and i also want RGB 🙂

coreteks
    Keymaster

@fear What is your budget? The only more demanding workload you listed is video editing, everything else you do would run great on a 3600. The 3700X would be better for editing, but depending on your budget the money might be better spent elsewhere.

Lyon_NL
    Participant

I’ve used the NZXT Manta which I had my eye on for years already. A real easy case to build in. Though, I’m really charmed by the multifunctional design of the Phanteks Evolv Shift (X) also 🙂 I don’t think either of there is a bad choise.

I’ve also heard that the MSI boards for the 4-series are really good.

Albal_156
    Participant

Hey @coreteks. Wouldn’t it be better to recommend AIB models of the 5700 series now that they have come out.

kmh42
    Participant

I am finally finished with my PC! I went for the AMD RX 5700. I waited for the custom cards but I got it on used and cheap from a trusted source. I just realized that the drive for the RX5600 is Pop_OS! or Linux in gerneral are not working.
    What are your Linux experience

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.